On this page you will find links to information sheets on the Tournament of Minds curriculm.
Changes for 2020
We have made some changes to how Tournament of Minds will be run for 2020 due to COVID 19 restrictions.
We are expecting to return to normal in 2021
We're thinking 'outside the box'
- We will have one round of the competition. There will be no Branch or International Final
- The competition will be completely online. (More information will be coming about which platforms will be used to upload videos)
- We will have one challenge only! It will be one Super Challenge for everyone which includes all of our regular disciplines; The Arts, Language Literature, Social Sciences and STEM
- There will not be a Spontaneous Challenge
- For this year, there will be a reduction in fees down to $50 to register your school ($30 registration + $20 for one team) and $20 for each additional team.
- Total video presentation time is five minutes
- There will NOT be a 3m x 3m square for presentations
- The number of students per team will continue to be seven, however we will have primary and secondary divisions with no year level restrictions within teams. For example, you can have all team members from the same year level and secondary schools will not be required to include Year 7 students
- Facilitator materials will be available on the portal once you have paid registration fees for the year to help give some pointers and upskill new facilitators
|Wednesday 29th July||Challenges released|
|Wednesday 29th July||Team nominations open|
|Wednesday 12th August||Team nominations close|
|Wednesday 9th September||Submission of video responses|
|Saturday 12th & Sunday 13th September||Judging of presentations|
Facilitators will need to be available on their mobile phone over this weekend to speak to Judges if there have been issues with submitting videos to be judged.
Tournament 2020 - General Information (pdf)
© 2020 - Tournament of Minds Ltd.